Ductwork sizing, calculation and design for efficiency
Ductwork sizing, calculation and design for efficiency, How to design a duct system. In this article we’ll be learning how to size and design a ductwork system for efficiency. We’ll include a full worked example as well as using CFD simulations to optimize the performance and efficiency using Sims Cale.
How to use duct chart Sheet
1. Identify the volume of air that will be passing through the duct
2. Select the duct size from the table that can carry that volume of air
3. If desired airflow exceeds the CFM rating , increase to the next duct size
4. Listed CFM is based on typical field results and may vary, install dampers
5. If duct run exceeds 25′, or has excessive transitions, increase to the next size
6. Design alone is inadequate, always prove design by test and balance.
Download Duct Size Chart Cheat SheetDownload from below link.