“I’d rather interview 50 people and not hire anyone than hire the wrong person.” Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
Common 3 Amazon Interview Questions
1. Can you describe your most difficult customer and how you were able to handle their needs?
2. Can you tell me about a time when you were more than halfway through a project and had to pivot quickly due to an unexpected change? How did you handle it?
3. If one of your close work colleagues stole a $1 item, what would you do?
More Amazon Interview Questions
Here are 32 more Amazon interview questions you may encounter:
- Why Amazon?
- Which leadership principle of Amazon’s do you connect with most?
- Do you know who the Amazon CEO is? How do you pronounce his name?
- Tell me about a time you faced a crisis at work. How did you handle it?
- Describe [Amazon product or service relevant to the role] as you would to a prospective customer.
- Can you tell me about a time you had to make a fast customer service decision without any guidance? How did you decide what to do?
- Tell me about a time that you dealt with a hostile customer.
- When given an unfamiliar task, how do you ensure you handle it properly?
- If you are given two conflicting priorities from two separate managers, how do you figure out how to proceed?
- Give me an example of when you received criticism. How did you respond to the information?
- What metrics do you use to drive positive change?
- If a supervisor asked you to do something unsafe that went against policy, what would you do?
- Tell me about a time when you were handling a project that went outside of your scope of work. How did you handle it?
- Describe a situation where you had to deal with ambiguity when making a decision.
- Can you tell me about a time when you had to make a decision when all of the data you needed was unavailable?
- Tell me about a time when you made a poor customer service decision. What steps did you take to remedy the situation?
- How do you keep yourself / your team / your colleagues motivated?
- What steps do you take to form positive and functional relationships with your colleagues?
- If a team member wasn’t pulling their weight, what would you do?
- What do you do to ensure that the customer experience is always a priority?
- How would you handle it if you discovered that your inventory levels were actually too high?
- Tell me about a time you disagreed with feedback you received. How did you address it?
- How do you handle a missed deadline / productivity target?
- What do you like most about Amazon? What do you like least?
- Describe an instance where you were overwhelmed while on the job. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time when you failed to meet expectations. What did you do to recover?
- How do you ensure that workplace safety is always a priority for you when you work?
- What steps do you take to make sure every customer you speak with is wowed?
- How do you make sure that you fully understand a customer’s needs?
- Tell me about the last time you had to apologize to someone.
- Are you able to handle the physical demands of a warehousing job?
- What qualities do you possess that will help you succeed with Amazon?